Sunday, February 11, 2007

Because I Said So


Story::

Because I Said So could be as a public service announcement to all those meddling mothers out there—but also to their complaining daughters. See, Daphne Wilder (Diane Keaton) has raised her three daughters—Maggie (Lauren Graham), Mae (Piper Perabo) and Milly (Mandy Moore)—by herself, so it’s only natural for her to butt in, especially when she fears her youngest, Milly, will never find Mr. Right. Taking matters into her own hands, Daphne runs an Internet ad to meet and evaluate potential suitors for Milly. The results are positively disastrous except for two possible matches: a guitarist, Johnny (Gabriel Macht), in the band playing background music during the matchmaking session and a well-off architect named Jason (Tom Everett Scott). Daphne, however, only deems Jason “long-term” enough for her daughter, writing off the tattooed Johnny as more of a fling. Luckily, Johnny manages to get Milly’s phone number, and before long Milly is forced to choose between the two men, after being single for the longest time. But what she doesn’t know is that her mom is responsible—well, at least for one of the guys.
(thanks hollywood.com)

Reviews::

I think everyone would love this movie, its absolutely fantastic, I went with my parents and friends and everyone enjoyed it! Diane Keaton is so astonishing and funny! Even though, she's aged, she still looks like a goddess. Mandy Moore is also a talent to look out for! That girl can sing and act! Acting was great, Directions, visuals, story was all good. Overall, love it!


I thought that "Because I Said So" was and alright film. It didn't overkill the classic chick-flick cliches; however, it still had some in it.
I enjoyed DIane Keaton and Mandy Moore as the on-screen mother and daughter connection. I thought they did very well. The direction and story of the film were at best par.
Overall, "Because I Said So" could have been horrible,but it was actually a decent film.
(thanks movies.yahoo.com)

No comments: